Friday, July 29, 2011
10 Scary & Interesting Death Facts
1. On average, right-handed people live 9 years longer than their left-handed counterparts.
2. Only one in two billion people will live to be 116 or older.
3. About 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens each year.
4. Statistically, you are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than by the bite of a poisonous spider.
5. In Erwin, Tennessee an elephant was once hanged for murder.
6. More people in America die from suicide than homicide.
7. When a person dies, hearing is generally the last sense to go.
8. The act of burying corpses is thought to have begun around 200,000 years ago.
9. No American has officially died of 'old age' since 1951.
10. In the end, 'lack of oxygen' is always the final cause of death.
Posted by Bryant, the Creator at 2:26 PM