1. Every year, nearly four million cats are eaten in Asia.
2. Cats make about 100 different sounds. Dogs make only about 10.
3. Approximately 40,000 people are bitten by cats in the U.S. annually.
4. Approximately 1/3 of cat owners think their pets are able to read their minds.
5. In the 1750s, Europeans introduced cats into the Americas to control pests.
6. The normal body temperature of a cat is between 100.5 ° and 102.5 °F.
7. A cat’s heart beats nearly twice as fast as a human heart.
8. Cats don’t have sweat glands over their bodies like humans do.
9. A cat almost never meows at another cat, mostly just humans.
10. Smuggling a cat out of ancient Egypt was punishable by death.